Friday, September 5, 2008

Trying new things...

Today I decided that it was time to get over my fear of baking with rice flour, garbanzo bean flour, and xanthan gum. I am not very good at trying new things because they freak me out. I am thankful for Bob's Red Mill products. They make great wheat free, dairy free, egg free products. So...we decided to make Orange Cranberry Muffins for breakfast today.
They turned out pretty good!


Kyle likes to mix the batter.


A little taste.


He is so proud. Time to bake them.


Yum! Yum!

I must say I am surprised that a muffin tastes so good when it has no egg, no milk, and no "regular" flour.
Who knew that an egg could be substituted with flax seed meal mixed with water???
I am ready to take on the challenge of baking a birthday cake for Kyle at the end of the month.
We will see how that turns out!

3 comments:

Emma and Luke said...

Looks yummy! What a challenge you guys face every day at mealtimes! I don't envy you one bit but you sound up to the challenge and are doing a fabulous job! Can you believe our boys are almost 2?!

Bloom Where You Are Planted said...

What fun!! Great work, mommy!! :) Way to embrace and thrive in your new environment! I'm VERY impressed!!

By the way, those boots are AWESOME!!

Katie said...

I have some gluten free friends here....it's been a challenge just with gluten, I couldn't imagine what they would do if more was compounded...

I am so proud of you for taking a leap and trying new things, especially for your son. I know it's hard, but the little dude is soooo worth it!!!

Love you!