Monday, January 26, 2009

Monkey Leash

Kyle is a RUNNER!
He takes after his Daddy! He is SO FAST. Honestly, I have a hard time catching him.
So....we put him on a leash.
Target sells these great "monkey leashes"
Thank goodness Kyle likes monkeys. (They also have bears and some other kind of animal)
But Kyle is a monkey kid. :)
It took a while for him to get used to wearing it but now he likes it...most of the time.
We call it "Taking the Monkey for a walk" and Kyle seems to enjoy it.
When we go to crowded places (like the Seattle Science Center) I feel much better knowing I have a hold on him by the monkey tail. I am worried he will run away from me and get lost.
So....I am proud to admit....YES, I put a leash on my child!















2 comments:

Bloom Where You Are Planted said...

Don't ya LOVE it?!!!

We have that same one but it's a bear instead. We got it when Peppin was born to keep Mr. T "in-tow" too!!

I'm telling you, very good things happen to parents who hold the leash of their kids!! :)

Mark and Lori said...

LOVE IT! It allows the kids to be independant - but controlled at the same time - along with not tugging on our arms! Glad you picked a cute one and not one that really looks like a leash. My sister was a huge fan of those when she traveled alone with G, and did not have enough arms for everything.