Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Children are a gift from God

I have always loved kids.
When I was 5 my little sister was born. I remember the day very clearly. I enjoyed helping my mom take care of the baby. It has always come naturally to me to be a nurturer. I did alot of babysitting in my teenage years. In college, I worked at a child care center. I have an elementary education degree. I taught Kindergarten for 5 years. Whenever there is a baby around, I want to hold it.
So, for as long as I can remember, I have always wanted children of my own.
When I was in college I even subscribed to Parents Magazine and posted cut out magazine photos of babies in my dorm room. I know, I was a bit obsessed.
When I got married, I thought I wanted to have children within a few years....but we got married young and Troy wanted to be on the "five year plan"
I didn't think I could wait 5 years.
But I did....and even longer.
We had been married 5 years and 6 months when we found out we were pregnant with Baby Schwenke # 1.
I was SO excited!
Kyle James was born 9-29-06 (We had been married 6 years and 2 months)
Then....3 years and 8 days later we were blessed with another child, Kaden Andrew (10-7-09)

God is kind of funny sometimes. You see, I always thought I would be a mom of 3 girls. I was used to girls. I like girls. I love to do little girl hair and dress them in cute little pink dresses. I even wore pink to my ultrasound in hopes that I would hear the technician say "It's a girl"
But...God had a different plan for me. And I am thankful.

If it were up to me I would have had 3 girls. At a younger age.
But God knows me and He knew that the BEST plan would be for me to wait and have TWO boys.
I LOVE MY BOYS!
They melt my heart.
It brings tears to my eyes and a lump in my throat as I write this and think of how much I am blessed to have my boys.
Now I spend my days playing baseball, soccer, football, digging in the dirt, playing pretend with swords, "fighting" the fire-breathing dragons, "hunting" animals like elk and deer in our living room, talking about dinosaurs, frogs, spiders, BOY STUFF :)
And I would not have it any other way!



Precious Kaden


Little buns




Such a happy little guy




Super Baby!





















Brothers.
Those eyes will melt your heart every time!

4 comments:

Bloom Where You Are Planted said...

Tears...streaming...this is SO beautiful!!

Once again, our lives parallel. I echo every single word of yours.

Boys really are awesome, aren't they?! :)

sara said...

oh my! Christy! This was a great post- thanks for sharing your heart :)

Sarah said...

Thanks for making me cry like a baby.
I love those little boys more than life itself (even if I have yet to meet little Kade-man).
102 more days til I come home and I cannot wait to hug those little men of mine and spoil them to death - let alone play endless games of soccer and dinosaurs.
xoxo

Katie said...

Love those boys!!! I am sooo thankful for God's plan for you! And who knows? Maybe God will give you an Anna in a different way than you anticipated! Love you and your boys! xoxoxoox