Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Spring Break 2011

Spring Break 2011 we went to Palm Springs to visit MiMi and PaPa. We stayed in a wonderful house with our extended family: MiMi, PaPa, Auntie TT and Uncle Nando and baby cousin Owen, Gino and Ona (sudo grandparents) all together there were 8 adults and 3 kids. It was very fun and wonderful to be in the sunny weather. We went to the zoo, the waterslides, the children's museum, the park, the street fair, played at the pool and enjoyed time with family. It was a great trip. The boys even did great on the airplane. Kaden was "busy" but he was a good boy overall. The down-side to the trip was that Christy got sick. I started feeling dizzy and sick on Thursday. I had extreme dizziness, nausea, and vomiting. We tried to change our flight home but there were no other options so we prayed alot and by the grace of God we made it home without having to use the airline provided "barf bags" Christy went to the doctor on Friday and was diagnosed with vertigo. It is an inner ear issue that causes dizzy spells with nausea and vomiting. It was horrible. I was not able to do much. I could not take care of my kids, unpack, do housework, or drive. Thankfully, the vomiting stopped and I was just stuck with the dizziness. It was ALOT to put on Troy. He had to live up to his vows of "In Sickness and In Health" and he was amazing and supportive. After 5 days of vertigo, Christy went to a Physical Therapist for a treatment for vertigo called the Epley Maneuver and it has made a world of difference. I am still a little bit dizzy but I feel much better! It is amazing how we can take for granted our good health and our "normal" life. I am so thankful that I am feeling better and I pray this never happens to me again. It was not fun. I have been surrounded by friends and family that have helped with the kids, brought us meals, driven me to dr. appointments, and picked the kids up from preschool. My neighbors have watched the boys for me so that I can nap or just lay down without having to worry about them. It has been wonderful. It takes a village! here are some photos from our trip....before Vertigo hit: We snuck away for an afternoon "Happy Hour" and enjoyed yummy drinks and food Kyle had to ride the "carnivore" on the carousel Kyle and the Gila Monster at the zoo Uncle Troy and Owen swimming in the private pool at our house Mr. Kaden :) a photo that will forever be etched in your mind :) Kyle and his goggles Kaden learning to wear his sunglasses Mr. Tall legs at the park Mr. Happy What a great trip. I love my family!

2 comments:

Bloom Where You Are Planted said...

Great pics! Glad you had a great beginning!

Your boys are SO CUTE!!

If you get vertigo again the meds that were a miracle for me are actually the same one they put me on when I could not keep anything down with pregnancy. It's called Zofran. I can not recommend it enough. In a few minutes I went from not being able to stand up with vertigo to being able to function.

Hang in there! Can't wait to see you and get together!

Nate and Carly said...

Fun to see photos of your trip! That cowboy hat photo is going to be a classic!