Monday, May 9, 2011

Happy Mother's Day


Kaden Andrew 7 lbs 11 ounces October 7, 2009



Kyle James 8lbs 4 ounces September 29, 2006

Happy Mother's Day to me!
Being a mom is the one of the best things that has happened to me.
Words cannot express the love I feel for my boys!
My heart aches with love for them and they bring so much joy to my life.
Now that my children are 4 1/2 years old and 1 1/2 years old, I find myself reminiscing about the newborn stage. I love newborns. But....it is also so amazing to watch my children grow and learn new things each day. It is the little things like watching Kaden figure out how to eat with a fork or watching Kyle write his name or ride his bike. These things amaze me. Children grow so fast and before I know it I will be sending these boys off to college. I am trying to treasure every moment, the ordinary days.
So...today I will make toast, wipe runny noses, clean up messes, read a naptime story, comfort a sad toddler who is missing his binkie, remind a 4 year old to go potty before it is too late, hope the sun comes out for at least 30 minutes so they can play outside, encourgae them to eat a vegetable, pretend to be a dinosaur, go to swimming lessons, clean up more messes and tuck them into bed. I am a mommy. It is a hard job. But I am glad I get to do it.

3 comments:

Bloom Where You Are Planted said...

This is SO beautiful! Thank you! Happy Mother's Day (a day late!)!

Marianne said...

How much they've grown! And what a blessing to be a mom.

Nate and Carly said...

Kyle and Kaden are blessed to have a mommy who loves them soooo much!