Monday, December 8, 2008

Santa Pictures

Tonight was the night. We decided to take Kyle to see Santa for his yearly photo session.
I was prepared for the worst.
Getting him dressed was not easy. He wiggled, freaked out, and said "Different shirt MaMa!"
But...I did not give in. He was going to wear the red checked shirt with the gray and red striped sweater on top, cute jeans, and red socks! That is what I bought for him to wear for the photos. If he had his way...he would be wearing sweat pants with a bright yellow elephant t-shirt or digger jammies.
I won this one.
so....we sang Christmas Songs all the way to the mall.
I told him he could tell Santa that he wanted a digger for Christmas.
I told him he could eat a candy cane when he was finished.
I told him that he did not need to cry because he was a big boy.
I still expected tears, arched back, sliding off Santa's lap and running towards mommy.
but...I was surprised.
This is what we got!
Who is this kid?????????
Not my Kyle!!!!!


It only took 6 tries before we got a good one. The first few he was being shy and had his fingers in his mouth. Then he would not smile. But...I played peek-a-boo with him from behind the counter and that did the trick! Mommy knows how to get him to smile :)
Despite the High Waters....it is a cute photo.
I was pleased and proud.
He enjoyed every last lick of the sticky pepperminty candy cane.
The photos are already loaded on Facebook and Costco is printing copies for all the relatives right this very moment.
Mission Complete.
Now....if only I can get him to eat his vegetables!!!!!

3 comments:

Bloom Where You Are Planted said...

Man! He's a cutie pie!! :) So glad he cooperated!

Emma and Luke said...

So glad you got a great picture!! Especially since you anticipated otehrwise. :)

Expat Teacher said...

I like the highwaters.

This has HS Senior Photo page written all over it!