Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Kaden's Hospital/Birth Photos

I went into labor on a Tuesday night (October 6th). It was 14 days before my due date. I was scheduled to have a c-section on Wednesday, October 14th but the baby decided that he wanted to come a week before that! I knew I was in labor in the middle of the night when my contractions were getting stronger and closer together and I started bleeding. I woke Troy up at 4am and told him he better go make sub plans. I took a shower and finished packing for the hospital. Kyle must have heard all the commotion because he woke up at 5:20am. I e-mailed my sister in Thailand and told her that I was in labor. I called my mom and arranged for her to take care of Kyle. Troy went into work at 5am. I took Kyle to my neighbor's house at 6am and then I drove myself (in labor) to the hospital.
They checked me into triage. I was dilated to 1cm. I had an appointment with my OB/GYN that day at 10am. So they told me to walk around to try and see if my body would progress more and then they told me to go to my appointment at 10am.
At 10am they checked me again and I was at 2cm.
Then I went back to triage. I was told I would have a c-section in about 4-5 hours. I had to wait longer because I had eaten breakfast at 6am and they wanted me to have an empty stomach. But Kaden wanted to meet me before that. By 11:30am I was dilated to 5cm and my contractions were STRONG AND PAINFUL!!! Within minutes I had a doctor, an anaesthesiologist, a nurse (giving me an IV), and another nurse prepping me all in my room at once. Five minutes later they were wheeling me into the operating room for my c-section. It was cold in there and I was nervous to get my spinal. I cried. But after it was in I was happy!
Troy joined me wearing his scrubs- he looked cute!
Then Kaden was born about 10 minutes later.
It was all very fast!
We were thrilled!


Just before the c-section


My handsome husband!



Kaden's first minutes of life




Our first family photo




Kaden


Proud Daddy


Kangaroo Care with Mommy



Kyle's first time holding Kaden



Our little guy


1st trip in the car seat. Going HOME!


I was very pleased with my c-section experience. It was a WAY easier recovery for me than the one I had after having Kyle. (I had lots of complications)
We are so blessed to have Kaden in our family!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

I am so glad this experience was better than your first.
Kyle was worth the pain though :)
You have two beautiful boys!
I love them and miss them so much!
PS The "kangaroo" picture...holy cow, for the first time in my life I feel like we actually look like eachother! I felt like I was looking at myself - very weird!
Love you.
xoxo

sara said...

I love birth stories! Good job!